Friday, October 3, 2008

Longoria, 'nuff said...Palin/Biden snore

Evan Longoria, 'nuff said , okay. At twenty-two he could be the best player in baseball for the next decade. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, he's tied to that bat cave of a stadium in St Pete. On a normal night (when the Yankees, Red Sox or Cubs aren't there) attendance is less than ten grand. It's an ugly place to go to a ball game. I have actually seen a rat running across the out- field there. No, I'm not talking about Jose Canceso.

Friend Jim wonders aloud about the vegetarian zeppelin playing first base for the Brewers. He must be a vegetarian with benefits. Jim says,"I realize ice cream, potato chips, cookies and pizza can be vegetarian..." it's tough to keep a body like that without animal fat. And, by the way, who's designing his uniforms? They look like they're off-the-rack from old harem movies. Please, don't let yourself wonder what's under that suit. Also, along with Sabathia, McGlung and Gagne the Packers might be able to fit them into their o-line.

Before touching on the debate, how about McCain as the Manchurian Candidate. If there's a God I'll be struck down soon...that abscess on the left side of his face...could it be from a badly done dental procedure? My other thought on his looming presidency is equally disturbing...could he take office and immediately bomb Vietnam? Hey little George got back at Iraq for Daddy as quickly as he could. McCain's pull out of Michigan is a bit disturbing, there has to be something fishy about that maneuver. That's a lot of electoral votes to throw in...my biggest fear is that he'll win the state!

All right the debate was about as big a snore fest as a Royals/Mariners game in September. One thing for sure, Palin has to stop punctuating with that quick, left eye wink. Who's that for. If I heard "betcha" one more time I was going to ask the television what the line was. I nodded off, woke up to a betcha, and thought I was watching the out-takes from Fargo. While that was going on, since there was absolutely no substance to the debate, I couldn't take my eyes off Biden's forehead. Plugs? High-end rug? Natural...nah. If anybody can shed some light on Joe's hair system I'd really appreciate it. I had a friend in Florida who could tell me in a second. A real PHD in fake hair, but sadly, we've lost contact.

The "Joe six-pack" references caught my attention, but my brother claims that's one of her connectors to the "real" people. "Biff twelve pack", could have moved me in a sentimental sort of way. That and not answering questions she doesn't know the answer to...savvy move. My friend Chris told me today that the fact-checkers (on NPR) were going ape-shit trying to figure out who was lying and who wasn't...my score-card was a mess after it was over. I do know they both have different views of what the vice president is supposed to do according to the constitution...I always thought smiling and waving were the most important job qualifications. I was really impressed when Palin said "McCain knows how to win a war." What conflict would that have been? If I were Biden I would have brought up McCain's better half starting a medical aid program and then getting opiates out of the non-profit organization. But that's just me. At least he could have thrown some shots at Palin's hubby winning the gas powered Iditarod. But, the silver lining is now these two will go away and eat shitty cookies in VFW Halls until this ratings (TV) driven piece of democracy is over with. It was either a hung jury, mistrial or a tie. Whatever, if you were undecided, you still are. And how in-the-hell could you STILL be undecided after all this?

Hopefully somebody will figure out how to apply HBO's compustat to the presidential debates. When a candidate makes a salient point (if it happens) a bell will ring and a point will register on the screen. I've never been big on subjective judging. You know, all those Olympic events that have judges instead of a finish line or a scoreboard. But that's another rant. (Hint, chess is more of an Olympic sport than gymnastics...game, sport whatever. No doubt the gymnasts are some of the best athletes, but put a clock on them, or have them dunk a basketball or swim to the starting area. Crazy, I don't think so...)

Take Rice and the 16 1/2... against Tulsa. I have a feeling they will go over a hundred. A ton of bad blood between the schools... Later, biff

2 comments:

ohphuku said...

Re: The Biden/Palin debate?

Is Gov. Palin George Bush in drag.
You Betcha! Wink.

What the F was that show, a Spelling Bee?

Dennis Miller, remember him? That hack whose fortunes have plummeted so precipitously that he was sacked at HBO, then sacked at his attempt at comedy on CNBC of all places and now plies his comedic rants on Faux News' The Spin Zone with Billo O'lielly.
Miller said this week on Leno that McCain gave us 5+ years in a Vietnamese prison camp so I'll give him 4 years in the White House. That's rational thinking and a real high bar for qualifications to be a President.
Dontcha' think? Wink.

Remember a vote for the Crypt Keeper is a vote for Tina Fey's impersonator.
Biff's float about The Manchurian Candidacy of McCain?
Think about it. A sobering thought.

McCain was never treated for PTSD and graduated in the bottom 5 of his class at the Naval Academy. That's bottom 5 not 5%. He freely admits that and the fact that he does not know much about economic matters.
Just what we need another intellectual midget in the White House with the "nucular" codes at his fingertips.
He has had 4 melanoma's removed from his face not 2 as his campaign as stated.
I'll give him 4 years!...Yes, at one of this 9 homes so that he can live out his life in peace and beat cancer.

Back to sports. OJ convicted on all 12 counts of kidnapping and robbery.
Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Bueno Suerte!
Vamos Altidore!

Earl

Bill Bradley said...

Biff- you have a sick, but entertaining mind.

I'd like to hear your take on the bailout. Arnold is already asking for $7 billion for Cali. I can't wait to watch the backpeddaling of Washington over the next 'x' years, ala Patriot Act/Iraq War.

Good book for you to read, "Amusing Ourselves to Death."

Look forward to reading some more of your posts. And to 'Oh phuk u,' if u get Dennis Miller on a cliff I promise I'll push him off.

-Bill Bradley