Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Score, the law and Bama...

I''ll always remember that night in May of 1957 was Cleveland fireballer Herb Score was hit in the face by the Yankeees Gil McDougal. I was a kid in bed listening to the game on a school night. I was a really passionate Indians fan, and h....(I can't stand to use that word, I reserve it for Hitler and diseases) the Yankees. I knew from the crack of the bat, I swear I could hear the ball hit Score's orbit bone. Even as a pre-teen I knew, I knew Score would never be the same. Luckily he lead a great life after his career was over.

I started a mind-numbing job for a law firm (temporary) this week as a data steward. Not bad money, but it doesn't make me want to jump on this computer after seven hours of looking for lawyers, companies, CPA's and legal minutia. I'll be okay, but me inside the bowels of an old white shoe law firm is comical, if you think about it.

My prognostications last week were dismal...all teams win, but only one cover...that was Alabama, and I will ride them into the BCS. Of course they will most likely have to get past Tim Tebow and the Gators in the SEC Championship, but I love their defense. Gnarly old farm bred boys up front and guys that run like my old greyhound in the secondary. We'll see.

The Jets will lose tonight, although they are probably the better team on paper...but the serpentine intangible, Bill Bellichek, looms like a crappy winter around here. My vision is Favre throwing throwing a hail Mary as time runs out...

Okay, back with some more of the book soon. Bear with me while I catch my breath at this new job, AND, how about those Knicks and Rangers! Later, biff

1 comment:

Angus said...

J-E-T-S Jets jets jets jets

you think Chad Pennington would have won that game?